April 01, 2020
Visit Our SolarNow Partners from the Comfort of Your Home
As Florida continues to practice social distancing and stay at home guidelines, some of your favorite local zoos and museums where FPL SolarNow arrays are located are offering virtual learning experiences you can enjoy from the comfort of your home. Bookmark and re-visit this post periodically as we’ll continue to update it with the latest online activities from our partners.
Virtual Experiences from Our Partners:
- The Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society in West Palm Beach is highlighting some of its most impressive animals on the zoo’s Facebook page, including flamingos, a red-fronted macaw and the endangered Malayan tigers, which are sponsored by FPL.
- The world-renowned Frost Museum of Science in Miami offers both a video tour and a 3D virtual tour of 11 different places within the museum on its website. The museum is also partnering with leading Floridian women scientists for live presentations on their Facebook page every Wednesday at 2 p.m.
- On the west coast, IMAG History & Science Center posts engaging educational programming on its Facebook page every day, with a schedule available on its website. From family-friendly zookeeper exhibitions to adults-only Beers and Gears, in which participants can sip a craft brew while constructing technological tools with a guiding host. There is something for everyone!
- Young at Art Museum in Davie has families covered with an entire web page of virtual tours, downloadable art activities and creative prompts from special guest artists. Check out their interactive art exhibits from your couch and keep the creativity flowing for weeks to come!
- The Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort Lauderdale has moved its Camp Discovery program online, giving kids interactive exploration and hands-on STEM learning opportunities. Families can click over to the museum’s YouTube Channel for science activity videos that will “wow” every virtual camper.
- Further south, zookeepers from Zoo Miami are posting regular updates on the Zoo’s Facebook page on how they are taking care of the animals every day as part of their Keeper Catch-Up video series.
- Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens is hosting an educational Facebook Live video every day with lessons about different types of animals. All live videos are saved on their Facebook page and can be viewed on-demand if you missed the first airing.
- Manatee Lagoon, an FPL Eco-Discovery Center, is where manatees gather in the warm-water outflows of the Riviera Beach Next Generation Clean Energy Center. The educational facility has created a full suite of online learning tools, including comprehensive virtual field trips, short educational videos, and the Manatee Cam, where you never know what you may see!
- The South Florida Science Center and Aquarium in West Palm Beach has a full slate of virtual programming. Viewers can enjoy aquarium programs every Wednesday, live science demos every Friday and much more.
That’s not all…
The above is just a sample of the fun virtual activities our SolarNow partners are creating as we do our part to follow social distancing and stay at home guidelines.