October 20, 2020
Get into the Fall Spirit with FPL SolarNow
Looking to get into the fall spirit? While the temperatures in the Sunshine State may feel like summer, you can still celebrate the pumpkin-spice season with FPL SolarNow both virtually and in-person!
You don’t have to leave your house to participate in the festivities – in fact, you can visit our Solar Staycation page for plenty of virtual offerings. In addition to coloring pages and educational videos, check out the below for more fun activities.
- It’s time to carve a jack-o-lantern for Halloween. They may only glow at night, but you can still channel the sun’s energy with our special pumpkin carving sheet. Impress all your trick-or-treaters and click here to turn your pumpkin into a solar masterpiece. Upload a photo of your pumpkin to Facebook or Twitter and use #FPLSolarNow for a chance to be featured on our website!
- Who doesn’t love a good word search? There are a lot of words that represent FPL SolarNow’s mission, such as sustainable, renewable and energy. Our 60+ locations across museums, zoos and parks that are home to our solar canopies and trees allow everyone to learn about the importance of solar energy. Click here and complete the word search – it is the perfect activity for the kids.
Costumes and Creatures: A Not-So-Scary Halloween
In-person Halloween events look a little different this year, but our amazing partners are taking all the necessary precautions to make visitors feel safe. If you’re planning to attend, don’t forget your face-covering! Being a SolarNow participant has its perks, including complimentary access to dozens of events every year at zoos, museums and parks across the state. Here are a couple of the best events you can check out:
- Boo 2020 at Palm Beach Zoo: On October 30 and 31, the Zoo will feature a daytime, not-so-scary, socially-distanced Halloween event. Children are encouraged to wear their costumes and take part in costume contests for a chance to win Zoo Lights tickets and family memberships.
- Spooky Science Monster Mash at Frost Science Museum: Suit up in your favorite costume for the 4th Annual Spooky Science Monster Mash on October 31 and discover nature’s most unusual, extreme and bizarre creatures. Take a photo with Frankenstein, spot the pumpkins in the Aquarium exhibits, walk-thru the special “Mad Science Lab” and more
- Reed Canal Park Trick-or-Treat Drive Thru-Boo: Drive through a trick-or-treat maze with stops along the way on October 31 from 6 to 8 p.m. Staff will have masks and gloves on while handing out delicious candy and treats to keep everyone safe.
- Boo at the Brevard Zoo: This family-favorite Halloween activity is moving from night to day and changing up for social distancing! Participate in fun activities on the Monarch Migration Trail, embark on a scavenger hunt through the Zoo, pose with themed photo ops, listen to music, enjoy all of the Zoo animals and more.
Even as the sun sets and the days become shorter this fall, everyone can learn more about the sun’s rays that power our state with our virtual activities and events hosted by our partners. Visit the Learn page for more information about the FPL SolarNow program and details about how you can support the development of solar energy projects in your community.